Friday, August 13, 2010

Update!

Let's be honest - you've been biting your nails for the next blog update : ) Just kidding...

Folks are ridiculously generous. As of today, $830 has been raised towards the trip. That's a lot of dough, people. To those of you who have reached deep into your pockets - there's honestly no way that I could ever repay you. THANK YOU.

Other fun updates:

* Next goal to reach is $870. Technically, it's due today, but I don't think everyone has their money turned in yet, so the church can't purchase the plane tix... What that means in English is that you can still donate.
* I got my 2x2 digitized color photos made yesterday at the post office. Found my old passport, got copies of my marriage license/certificate and wrote the Department of State a $110 check so they'd renew my passport. Everything's in the mail. I should, fingers crossed, receive a new passport in the mail in 4-6 weeks. Side Note- I will for the next TEN YEARS, have a ridiculous passport photo of me with a ginormous zit underneath my nose. No amount of love and makeup could hide it. Side Note to the Side Note- the super nice lady (she really was) at the post office took my photo 3x because she said it looked like I was shutting my eyes. I tried to explain that I just have squinty eyes and one is shaped differently than the other, so I always look like I'm winking at someone. But she was convinced that the government might kick it back, so I sat there with my eyes bugging out for another 2 shots. I also smile crooked, for the record.
* Um, yeah, so $870 is the next goal to be met. Hopefully, this week. After that, I have $800 due on Sept 17th and then then another $100 in October.
* The next things on my to do list are:
* figure out Craig's List so we can sell our extra fridge, stove, stove top microwave, and guitar.
fyi - the stove and fridge are off white and they match. the microwave is a really pretty bright white.
* Get my shots


One other quick note - please pray for my teammates. Some of them I know, some I don't. I fairly confident that none of us are millionares. Please pray that they have peace about the trip and are able to raise the funds. Thx.

ps- here's how you can donate if you want to.
1) You can donate directly to me (ie: hey Jen, here's $5) Note: this way cannot be considered tax-deductible
2) You can send a tax-deductible check made payable to: Vineyard Community Church
11340 Century Circle Cincinnati, OH 45246
Attn: Missions Coordinator


There's some things I've been told to tell you about this second one: write 'Short Term Missions- Jos, Nigeria' in the memo line. For tax reasons - DO NOT write my name on the check. However, you can attach a letter or something to the check so they know who it's for.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Jen! Jim and I will donate something, but he hasn't been away from work long enough these days for us to talk about it. I think it is super fantastic that you are doing this mission trip and know that God is going to give you way more for listening to His call than you can imagine. Can't wait to hear your stories upon your return! Hang in there, God is Our Provider and He has a plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! that made me smile. I miss seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! we need another update :)

    ReplyDelete