Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Holy Moley

Hi all.


Just wanted to give you a final little update here before Isaac and I take off to Nigeria next Friday.
Things seem to coming into play. Both Isaac and I have our passports and our visas. We've had all of our vaccinations and will begin our Maleria meds this week. Due to crazy schedules, the team we're a part of had our first meeting on Monday. It was nice to finally put some faces with some names. I learned that the children in Africa do not wear shorts. Which seems..... ironic. Since they live in Africa.
As for our agenda, we'll be serving some local pastors, doing some village outreaches and taking part in the bore hole commissioning.

Now here comes the fun part.... not..... I found out the final cost of the trip (I think at one point, they thought it might be a little cheaper. Plus it took a long time to work out legistics with all agencies) on Monday. And then I found out that I'm almost $500 short yesterday morning. Yay : ) ha. I'm only saying this so that if this is something that you have thought about or considered giving to, and had simply forgotten, now's the time to give : ) And please understand that if this is something that you don't feel led to contribute to or simply don't have the resources available - it's fine. We're still pals and it'd just be great if you prayed for Isaac and I while we were gone. And for those who have already given - I honestly cannot adquetly express my graditude. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Please pray for the following things:
1) That I don't say or do something incredibly stupid while I'm there. I realize that this is nearly impossible... but do you believe in miracles?
2) That there would be no conflicts btwn team members.
3) That this would be a safe trip.
4) That we wouldn't come busting all up in there with our own ideas and agendas.
5) That my teammates would be able to raise their funds quickly.
6) That nobody pukes on a plane or gets sick while we're there.

If you're still reading and would like more information on how to possibly donate towards my fund, here's some awesome info:

) You can donate directly to me (ie: hey Jen, here's $5) Note: this way cannot be considered tax-deductible

2) You can send a tax-deductible check made payable to: Vineyard Community Church

11340 Century Circle Cincinnati, OH 45246

Attn: Missions Coordinator

There's some things I've been told to tell you about this second one: write 'Short Term Missions- Jos, Nigeria' in the memo line. For tax reasons - DO NOT write my name on the check. However, you can attach a letter or something to the check so they know who it's for.

Thanks for the support and prayers!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment